Initiatives to Partner with School Counselors:
We know that your goal is to help students find the right next step in their educational journey. We want to assist you in that work, any way we can! We have undertaken the following initiatives to partner with you.
- FAFSA Nights- A member of our Financial Aid team can assist your students in helping to fill out their FAFSA. To request this, please call (423) 869-6336.
- Meetings with School Counselors- We want to make sure that you have the most current information about all that is happening at LMU. If you would like to receive updated material, chat with an Admissions Counselor, or work together to come up with further ways to partner with your individual school, please request a visit from a member of our Admissions team using the form above!
- Counselor/Administrator Appreciation Events- We want you to know that we appreciate YOU and the work you do. Each year, we host appreciation events to acknowledge your hard work and keep you updated on all things LMU.
- Customized Acceptance Celebration Events- Do you have students who have been accepted to LMU? We want to celebrate their acheivements and hard work. We can work with you to create
an event that honors multiple students at one time. Some examples include the following:
- Parade of accepted students through the hallway with elementary students watching/cheering
- Pictures with our Abe mascot
- Presentation of acceptance packet to each student
- LMU-themed gift
- Recognizing any LMU alumni who are affiliated with your school
Events Your Students May Be Interested In:
Each year, we host a number of events geared at introducing students to life at LMU and what it is like to join the Railsplitter Nation. We would love to give you detailed information on any of the following events, including how to help students register!
- Campus Tour Experiences-
Come get a feel for our beautiful campus, meet with a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, and explore your future as a Railsplitter. We offer tours at 9am and 2pm, most weekdays. To sign up for a tour, click here, then select one of our available "Campus Tours"!
- Lincoln Leadership Summit-
A leadership event for local high school seniors in Tex Turner Arena.
- Blue & Gray Days:
Current high school juniors & seniors can come meet current & future Railsplitters, choose 2 hands-on college courses to experience, attend an LMU athletic event, experience LMU's homecoming festivities, and learn about the application process.
- New Student Registration Events (for students intending to enroll at LMU beginning Fall 2021):
New Student Registration is a key step for those who are ready to begin their Railsplitter journey and is the day you officially become a student at LMU! New LMU students will register for courses, discuss Financial Aid questions, learn about valuable student resources, meet academic program faculty, meet our Lincoln Ambassadors, and so much more! Your guests will also have a chance to learn more about LMU, ask questions, and get to know our helpful staff.