LMU Edge Enrollment Process
Read below for steps to enroll in LMU Edge dual enrollment program
At LMU, we are pleased to introduce you to one of our newest initiatives, LMU EDGE (Excellent Degrees to Gain Employment). Beginning Fall 2020, we made 19 of our general education courses available for dual enrollment! We believe these courses can help give you an edge in the next chapter of your educational journey and help you gain a competitive edge in the job market search. Juniors and Seniors interested in enrolling in LMU EDGE dual enrollment courses need to complete the following steps online in order to enroll. This may be a new process for students, so please read all the information provided below & on the LMU EDGE Program webpage in order to complete the enrollment process as soon as possible.
LMU Edge Eligibility Criteria:
- Current high school junior or senior
- 3.0 cumulative high school GPA (minimum)
- Eligible for Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant
- For English Composition I (ENGL 101): students must have an ACT English sub-score of 18 or higher
- For College Algebra (MATH 110): students must have an ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- For General Biology I (BIOL 111 & 111L): students must have an ACT Reading sub-score of 18 or higher
Steps for Enrolling in LMU Edge Dual Enrollment Courses:
- Complete requirements for Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant Application for 2020-2021 on the TSAC website (you need to work with your high school counselor on this).
- Please keep a record of your username and
- Fill out the LMU online application, selecting “Dual Enrollment” as student type, and “Dual Enrollment” as major.
- To view a step-by-step process for applying to LMU, visit our Application Process webpage.
- Please make sure you enter all application information
- Send all high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores to the LMU Office of Undergraduate Admissions (address below).
- Upon receiving notification of your acceptance to LMU Edge Dual Enrollment program,
work with high school counselor and Office of Undergraduate Admissions to register
for courses you are planning to take in the subsequent semester only, keeping the following dates in mind:
- Early Registration for Spring 2021 opens October 26, 2020
- Early Registration for Fall 2021 opens March 29, 2021
- Early Registration for Spring 2022 opens October 25, 2021
- Record usernames and passwords for any accounts you create (LMU application portal & TN Dual Enrollment Grant account). You will need to log in to these accounts again!
Please contact your school counselor or the LMU Office of Undergraduate Admissions with any questions.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions: 423-869-6280 or Admissions@LMUnet.eduPRINTABLE PDF of PROCESS