To inquire about this program:
Dr. Sandra Weems| 423.869.62329 | email@example.com
The LMU Honors Scholars Program exists to promote undergraduate scholarship and encourage intellectual dialogue among students. It deepens values through an approach of critical reading and writing in courses reinforced with service learning and increased social and cultural collaboration.
- Recognition upon graduation
- University Honors Scholarship
- Deeper and broader learning opportunities, especially in science and general education curricula
- Enchancement for professional and graduate school application
- Learning through service
- Undergraduate Research project with a faculty mentor
- Leadership development
- Honors Program residence life option
- Opportunities to participate in regional and national Honors meetings
- For incoming students: a score of 26 on the ACT and a high school GPA of 3.2 or higher
- For continuing students: a college GPA of 3.0 or higher
Our Honors Students
"The honors program allowed me to explore many topics that I was interested in. I was able to freely delve into topics I wanted to learn more about and discuss them one-on-one with my favorite professors. Because of the honors program, I became interested in language acquisition and development and I completed my senior capstone research on the effect of memory on symbolic language recognition."
- Chelsea Robertson ('17), MA/Ph.D. student in Experimental Psychology at East Tennessee State University
"The honors program was a way of challenging myself above and beyond what regular courses brought. It surrounded me with like-minded people with the same goals to give support throughout the undergraduate process. Through the honors program and the courses involved, I feel like I was better prepared for graduate programs and the difficulty and pace involved. The honors program was a key part of my experience at LMU and I’m proud to say that I was a member.'
-Dustin Miracle ('07), Pharm.D. candidate at University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
"The LMU honors program was an incredibly valuable part of my college experience from the first day until the last. I made friends quickly that shared common interests, and that made the transition from high school to college much easier. Academically, the program challenged me through contract courses, allowing me to cover topics outside the scope of my regular courses. I can say with confidence that my college experience would not have been as enjoyable without my participation in the program!"
- Jeffrey Jones ('17)