LMU To Open Spring Semester with Two Weeks of Online Classes
Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) President Clayton Hess has announced that LMU will open campus as scheduled to start the Spring 2021 semester. However, with surging COVID cases across the country, all classes -- didactic and laboratory -- will begin in an online format for the first two weeks. The change in schedule will allow the University community to return to LMU and safely quarantine after the semester break.
- Online Classes – All seated lecture and laboratory classes will start online, effective January 11 until at least January 25. Some professional programs with clinical components may proceed with in-person programming depending on the status of clinical partner facilities.
- Residence Halls – Following guidance outlined by the State of Tennessee (gov) in Section II (student protection) of the Tennessee Pledge, residence halls will reopen to students starting at 8 a.m. on January 10. Students are encouraged to return to campus and quarantine for the two weeks of online classes.
- University Events – LMU will continue to limit events on campus to the University community only.
- Travel – All University sponsored employee and student travel has been suspended until further notice.
- University Facilities –Tex Turner Arena (for community walking) will remain closed to the public, students and employees. The Carnegie Vincent Library will remain open only to students and employees. Chick-Fil-A and Campus Grounds is open to the public for carry-out only.
- Offices – Employees will continue to report throughout the semester break and into the new year as specified by their divisional leader. Large gatherings are prohibited and meetings are encouraged to take place virtually.
LMU will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and will provide updates to the LMU community as needed. A complete outline of University COVID-19 measures can be found here.
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about the undergraduate and graduate programs available at LMU, contact the Office of Admissions at 423-869-6280 or email at admissions@LMUnet.edu.