The mission of the Lincoln Memorial University-School of Medical Sciences, Doctor of Medical Science program is to equip qualified clinicians and medical educators with evidence-based, advanced medical knowledge and skills to meet the needs of primary care, to develop leaders in the medical profession, and to promote scholarship, mentorship and discipline-specific expertise.
The DMS program seeks to achieve this mission by focusing on these goals:
- Attract high-quality medical and education specialists who are experts in their field
- Promote and model the highest standard of professionalism, mentorship and moral values
- Employ the most effective technologies for teaching
- Advance medical knowledge and critical thinking skills
- Leverage current professional and or clinical settings to advance competency achievement.
- Promote leadership in evolving medical education effectiveness and strategies.
Revised and Approved 12/14/2018