Physician Assistant Clinical Doctorate
The School of Medical Sciences (SMS), Doctor of Medical Science (DMS) is an advanced medical training program for Physician Assistants. The medical curriculum is taught entirely by physicians who are experts in their field of medicine. Utilizing a mixture of synchronous and asynchronous online didactics, the case based curriculum design allows the students to interact with and learn from these physician experts. While enrolled in the program, students continue in their clinical and/or educational environment with their supervisor who participates in periodic competency evaluations.
SMS-DMS curriculum equips the highly skilled PA with:
- An increased depth and breadth of medical knowledge
- Increased confidence in more complex patient care
- Credentials for new leadership roles
- Advanced competence as a medical educator
- A competitive edge in the PA Profession