Applications are being accepted for:
- Summer 2021. Applicants wishing to complete the Medical Education cognate should apply for summer enrollment.
- Fall 2021. Applicants wishing to complete the Clinical Medicine cognates (Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine) should apply for fall enrollment.
(Applicants seeking part-time enrollment status for the clinical cognates should apply
for Summer enrollment.)
The admission’s process operates on a rolling acceptance policy thus it is in the candidate’s best interest to apply as early as possible.
- A graduate of an ARC-PA accredited program or international equivalent
- Current physician assistant certification (NCCPA or other)
- Unencumbered licensure as a physician assistant in the U.S.A. or International Jurisdiction
- Earned a master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated potential for success in an advanced rigorous doctoral level program
- No history of negative legal, administrative, or licensure action related to the practice of medicine
- Continue to practice medicine as a physician assistant, or be actively teaching in graduate medical education while enrolled in the program.
( The program reserves the right to deny admission based on public professionalism issues.)
The DMS program uses a rolling admissions process until all seats are filled. In addition to the total number of seats within the class. Each cognate will have a maximum capacity per cohort. In addition to the application process outlined below, acceptance will be dependent on the student’s ability to meet the program attendance and residency requirements.
Application file consideration based on:
Candidates must furnish:
- Completed DMS Application form
- Two Application Rating Forms completed by:
1) An MD, DO, DMS, or DPM level medical practitioner
2) Current supervisor
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s current supervisor
- Official transcript from all degree granting institutions.
- Official copy of evidence of licensure
- Current CV
- Personal statement – of interest in and motivation for the program and personal and professional goals.
- Complete the Doctor of Medical Science questionnaire. (To sign the document, you must download it first)
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants when English is not their first language.
Click HERE for a copy of the application file checklist.
Required materials can be submitted by mail to:
LMU-School of Medical Sciences
DMS- Admission Office
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by Fax to: 423.869.7424
Once the application and all the supporting material have been received in the LMU-SMS, DMS admissions office, the applicant’s file will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Candidates eligible for admissions will be invited to attend an interview. Interviews are conducted using a virtual meeting platform; no travel required.
Following the interview and receipt of all necessary information, the applicant’s file will again be reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants will then be assigned to one of the following categories: 1) Accept, 2) Alternate/Hold, or 3) Reject. Applicants will be notified in writing as soon as possible following the committee’s decision.