To prepare outstanding osteopathic physicians who are committed to the premise that the cornerstone of meaningful existence is service to humanity.
The mission of the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Program at LMU-DCOM is achieved by:
- Graduating Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine;
- Providing a values-based learning community as the context for teaching, research, and service;
- Serving the health and wellness needs of people within both the Appalachian region and beyond;
- Focusing on enhanced access to comprehensive health care for underserved communities;
- Investing in quality academic programs supported by superior faculty and technology;
- Embracing compassionate, patient-centered care that values diversity, public service and leadership as an enduring commitment to professionalism and the highest ethical standards;
- Facilitating the growth, development, and maintenance of graduate medical education.
Revised 4/3/19 by LMU-DCOM – approval at Dean’s Council Meeting
Approved Revision 5/3/19 by the LMU Board of Trustees