Links and Readings on Osteopathic Medicine
Facts about osteopathic physicians
- The number of DOs has increased 54% since 2010.
- More than 25% of medical students in the United States are training to be DOs.
- Nearly 57% of all DOs practice in the primary care areas of family practice, internal medicine and pediatrics.
- The United States has approximately 108,000 fully licensed and practicing osteopathic physicians.
- Each year, more than 100 million patient visits are made to DOs.
LMU-DCOM Admissions Office
phone: 1.800.325.0900 ext. 7090