Pathway 1: Direct Freshman Entry Dual Degree Program
This pathway is appropriate for:
High school seniors applying to LMU who would like to complete their BS in Exercise and Rehabilitation Science degree and DPT degree in 6 years
LMU undergraduate admission criteria:
- High school graduate with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum composite ACT score of 19 or SAT score of 1010.
Additionally, students who wish to pursue this pathway, must meet the following criteria for BS/DPT track admission:
- High school graduate with a science and math grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum math (21) and reading (23) ACT score or minimum SAT score of 1100
- *Three years of science including Chemistry and Biology
- One year of physics is strongly recommended
- 3 years of college prep math (algebra, geometry, advanced algebra and/or trigonometry)
- Students will be required to answer a Physical Therapy focused writing prompt/personal statement
- Two character references(choose 2 of the following)
- Guidance counselor/ humanities teacher
- Science Teacher
Freshmen admitted as BS/DPT students will be granted conditional acceptance into the
Professional phase of the program upon satisfactory completion of the above requirements.
Students must also complete LMU’s general education core curriculum requirements in
addition to the BS requirements to earn a baccalaureate degree in Exercise and Rehabilitation
Science at the end of the first year of the Professional program.
Criteria for successful progression to the Professional phase:
- Students must complete 60 observation/shadowing hours prior to entering the Professional
phase of the program
- 20 hours in an inpatient hospital or sub-acute setting
- 20 hours in an outpatient orthopedic setting
- 20 hours students’ choice of setting/experience
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.8 each semester in all LMU courses with
a minimum 3.0 GPA overall in prerequisites (students may not receive lower than a
“C” in any of these courses)