LMU-Knoxville PA Program
Application / Admissions Preferences
Consistent with the mission of LMU and the vision and mission of the LMU-Knoxville PA Program, preference is given to applicants with permanent residence in the Appalachian region of the following states: TN, KY, VA, NC, OH, WV, PA, AL and GA. The preference is applied with a 3-tiered system. Greatest preference is given to applicants with permanent residence in the Appalachian region of Tennessee. Applicants with permanent residence in the Appalachian region of KY, VA, NC and WV are given greater perference than applicants with permanent residence in the Appalachian region of OH, PA, AL and GA.
Click on the link below to see if your county is in the Appalachian region.(https://www.arc.gov/appalachian_region/CountiesinAppalachia.asp)
Student’s enrolled in LMU’s GPA program (https://www.lmunet.edu/undergraduate-admissions/lmu-gpa-program/index.php) who apply to the Program through CASPA are guaranteed an interview if they meet the Program’s criteria for application and admission. Completion of an interview does not guarantee an offer for admission.
Preference is also given for the following:
- Completion of science courses with a laboratory component outside required components.
- Completion of one or more of the following courses:
- Human cadaver anatomy
- Additional courses in human physiology
- Additional courses in biology, microbiology, and organic chemistry
- Technical writing
- Interpersonal communication/public speaking
- Military service of honorably discharged veterans, active duty, guard and reserve members.
- More than one type of patient care experience (each setting must have a minimum of 24 hours to qualify as a different type).
- Community service experiences.