Spring Commencement at LMU will be In-Person
Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) plans to hold in-person commencement ceremonies to celebrate undergraduate and graduate degree candidates completing their studies this semester. Two ceremonies will take place at Tex Turner Arena on Saturday, May 8, 2021. An undergraduate ceremony for associate and bachelor degree candidates (AS, BA, BBA, BS) will take place at 10 a.m. and a ceremony for master’s, doctoral and specialist degree candidates (MBA, MEd, MPA, MS, MSN, EdS, EdD) will take place at 2 p.m.
The ceremonies will be modified to continue social distancing efforts and mitigate virus spread. Due to mitigation efforts, there will be no processional. Upon arrival, degree candidates will receive additional instructions and proceed directly to their seats. There is no restriction on guests at the ceremony, however, seating will be limited due to social distancing and three seats must be left between groups.
Additional ceremony guidance follows:
- Graduates participating in the 10 a.m. ceremony must arrive by 9 a.m., wearing regalia. No robing areas will be available onsite. (AS, BA, BBA, BS degree candidates)
- Graduates participating in the 2 p.m. ceremony must arrive by 1 p.m., wearing regalia. No robing area will be available onsite. (MBA, MEd, MPA, MS, MSN, EdS, EdD degree candidates)
- All graduates and guests should park in the main lot at Tex Turner Arena (upper-level parking lot) and enter through the main entrance of the Arena.
- Graduates will proceed to the lower level concourse for further instructions.
- Guest seating will be limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Guest groups should leave three empty seats between themselves and the next party and practice social distancing during entry and exit.
- Some arena seating will be blocked to promote social distancing.
- Facemasks that fully cover the nose and mouth are required for all graduates and guests (regardless of vaccination status).
- Any bags brought into the arena will be inspected and must be made of clear material so contents can be easily identified.
- Parking and seating for special needs guests will be marked with signage, limited, and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The University will continue to hold socially distanced photo sessions ahead of commencement. All graduates should participate in a session. The photos will also be used in the roll call of conferees in the unlikely event that the ceremony must be held virtually.
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about the undergraduate and graduate programs available at LMU, contact the Office of Admissions at 423-869-6280 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.