Candidates must possess emotional health and maturity needed for full utilization
of intellectual abilities and good judgment as it relates to patient diagnosis and
Essential functions required to meet this technical standard include, but are not
· Develop relationships which are mature, sensitive, and effective through interactions
with clients, colleagues, and veterinary medical professionals.
· Tolerate strenuous workloads under physically and/or mentally stressful conditions
and adapt to changing environments and situations.
· Function in the above manner for continuous periods of time longer than eight
· Manage a high case load with multitasking.
· Make timely decisions during emergency situations.
· Maintain collegial behavior in all official academic, extracurricular, and
social functions of the LMU-CVM.
· Contribute to a positive work and study atmosphere by reinforcing and promoting
a non-threatening cultural environment.
Candidates who may need accommodations to perform essential functions and meet the
technical standards are responsible for contacting the Lincoln Memorial University
Office of Accessible Education Services (423.869.6587) to request accommodations.
The Office of Accessible Education Services and LMU-CVM will engage in an interactive
process with the candidate to identify reasonable accommodations that may allow the
candidate to complete all required aspects of the curriculum in accordance with LMU’s
Accessible Education Services Accommodations Policy and Procedure.
Candidates who are unable to perform an essential function with or without accommodation
or are unable to meet a technical standard as determined by LMU-CVM will have their
admission rescinded or will be administratively withdrawn from the D.V.M. program.
Candidates will be notified in writing of the rescission of admission or administrative